FEBRUARY 17 AND 18 - ACT
As Paul says in Romans 12:1-2, "So here’s what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don’t become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You’ll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it."
WAYS TO SERVE THIS WEEK:
- Engage in conversation with the people who serve you (e.g. shopkeepers)
- Say thank you to someone as they work and say how much you appreciate them
- Call in on an elderly neighbour - take some cake, have a cup of tea and a chat
- Shop locally and support local farmers, growers, shopkeepers
- Show some love to your neighborhood and pick up litter or see if there is anything more you can recycle at home