Every January, we set aside 24 hours for just the guys to get away, learn more about Jesus, and spend time together at an event we call Manuary,
This year, Manuary takes place January 25-26th at Black Rock Retreat in PA.
$80 before January 1st
$90 January 1st and later
The cost includes overnight accommodations, meals, snacks and 24 hours of programming
Manuary takes place at:
BLACK ROCK RETREAT
1345 Kirkwood Pike
Quarryville, PA 17566
From Baltimore via I-95 North and US Route 1 North:
Exit I-95 in Maryland at Route 272 (Exit 100). Travel north on Route 272, until the intersection of US Route 1. Travel north on US Route 1. Get off at Route 472 (Oxford, PA exit). Turn left onto Route 472 and travel north approximately 8.5 miles. Black Rock Retreat is located on the right side of the road approximately 2 miles after the small town of Kirkwood, PA.
Jeremy Hazelton, is the Lead & Teaching Pastor of Village Church. He lives in Buffalo, NY with his wife Audra and their 3 children. Jeremy also serves as the Executive Director of 716 Ministries, a faith based community development agency providing economic capacity to vulnerable residents of Buffalo though job training, housing rehabilitation, and home ownership. When he isn't doing the Lord's work, you'll likely find him enjoying a drink with friends, working on a house renovation project, or cheering on the athletic endeavors of his children.
1. SO, WHERE IS THIS? Manuary 2019 takes place at Black Rock Retreat Center - located at 1345 Kirkwood Pike - Quarryville, PA. It's about 90 minutes from Baltimore.
2.WHAT DOES MY FEE COVER? Your fee covers all Facilities & Lodging (room and mattress, but you need to bring bedding!), All meals on Saturday, soda, coffee, and snacks.
3. HOW AM I GETTING THERE? It is your responsibility to arrange travel to Manuary. Car-pooling is encouraged. Remember your EZ pass or plan to avoid the Toll in Perryville or pay cash.
4. WHEN DO WE START/WHEN DO WE END? Manuary official begins on Friday, 1/25 at 8 p.m.Registration begins at 7 p.m. We'll have some snacks and time to hang out once you check in.Please plan to arrive on Friday by 7:45 p.m., if possible. Manuary officially ends at 6:00 p.m. on Saturday, 1/26. Stopping on the way for food, or dining before hand, is highly encouraged. There's not much near the camp, so utilize places on I-95. If you're arriving on Saturday, you'll want to arrive by 9 a.m.
5. WHAT TO BRING: BEDDING, TOWELS, AND A BIBLE! Mattresses are provided, but bedding is on you! REPEAT: YOU NEED TO BRING BEDDING!!!! Rooms will be “dorm style” – with about 6-12 people per room. They will fill on a first come, first-served basis (but there are plenty of beds for us). Please bring towels and toiletries. We'll have some extra Bibles as well - or feel free to use a Bible app.
6. WHAT ELSE CAN I BRING? There will be open gym time on Friday night (historically, a lot of dodgeball is played) – so you may want to bring athletic attire and sneakers. You will have time to hike on Saturday, so there's also that. There will be plenty of downtime, so considering bringing your favorite card game/board game/etc. If you want to bring a video game system, please let Scott/Austin know so we ensure there is a TV. Bringing your own snacks is fine – but note that Black Rock is an alcohol-free campus.